Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Alvin Texas, Week 34: May 11, 2015 - May 17, 2015

Monday, May 18, 2015


This week was a blast! The zone leader things are going really well. I’m figuring it out and loving it. It’s fun to be able to get to know and offer so much help to the fellow missionaries in the zone each night. I now know what’s going on, got my head on straight. Don’t worry about me and the challenges. I’ve been humbling myself, asking for more help and praying a lot harder. I know I can do all that I need to for my area and for the zone. 

Had a good week! It was good to be able to have things back to normal and to dig my heels in. And, things are heating up as far as the work goes. Companion and I are doing awesome! I love him. We can be so goofy together. I’m also teaching him English and he’s learning a ton. He is already conversational and has good English, we’re just working on pronunciation and vocab

One miracle we saw this week was that we met with Charles, an investigator who’s only a couple years older than me. We taught him about repentance and baptism. He was supposed to be baptized this week, but due to not coming to church last week, he wasn’t able to make it. But, we had a super lesson and extended a new date and he was willing to give more effort to come closer to Christ. He  accepted a baptismal date for May 30th. He also committed to come to church. It was way funny how that worked out. We told him he would have a ride and we would be there Sunday morning. We show up and he is asleep, so we had to wake him up and wait for him to get ready. But, it was sweet because he was still willing to come and we even made it on time. That was the first time that I had gone to an investigators house to help them get to church. It totally works! We gotta do all we can to help them act and it paid off.

We also met some new investigators by talking to everyone on the streets. We also got a really solid referral from the Spanish missionaries. It was to a part member family. We’re meeting with them tonight and they’re excited to have us over since the wife is a member and the husband is not. But, he is ready to learn more. We are also working with another part member family named the Herrings. Same thing, the wife is a member and the husband is not. But he’s been motivated to be baptized because his son was a couple weeks ago.

I haven’t heard anything from Memorial. Hopefully next week since Josh has his baptism next weekend. But things are awesome. Lots of good people out here and my companion is doing good and learning lots of English.

The weather actually hasn’t been that bad. It was supposed to dump this past week. It only really rained hard on Tuesday and we got soaked to point of pruney. It was ridiculous. It looked like it would rain all week, but thankfully never came down. I am definitely laughing and playing guitar more. That was perfect advice. It’s what makes me me and I’m loving life. 

Love,
Elder Janz



Saying goodbye to all my favorite people in Memorial City.   Top: Two awesome members   Below:  Josh on the right and his brother Montoi on the left.







                                                  Twin Banditos, ha ha :)







A long day biking in the rain, sopping, sopping wet! Plus, the fantastic Kermit Chia



No comments:

Post a Comment