Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Alvin Texas, Week 35: May 18, 2015 - May 25. 2015

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 

Had a splendid week! Sorry I didn’t talk yesterday. We didn’t have the day off since it was a big holiday. There was so much that happened and it wore me out. I actually got to do lots of lawn care service yesterday. I mowed a lawn for the first time yesterday. It was way fun. It was for an older lady in the ward and I got sunburned on my neck,  ha ha. I miss real lawns and grass. Out here grass is crabgrass and weeds and morning glory.

The work is going so well out here. The investigators are doing wonderful. We had tons of investigators at church. . We had 8 investigators in church just from our companionship and the other companionship had two. So, it was fun. Seriously, we actually had 10 between us and the other missionaries  It was awesome because Eric, one investigator has been telling us he will come and come and he wasn’t showing up to church. This week, we didn’t call him before, but invited him a few days ahead and wasn’t sure if he would come. He ended up coming and totally shocked us. He was invited to be baptized a while ago and said he would make that decision when he comes to church. He ended up coming and low and behold he actually talked about baptism! We were in priesthood opening exercises and this other investigator, who is mentally handicapped, got introduced and said he wanted to be baptized on June 28 to everyone. Eric was right by him and said, “that’s my birthday! I should probably get baptized then too!" So bishop just looks at me from the pulpit and laughs and then we knew that Eric was kind of serious. It was amazing. After church we went over to see what he thought of church and talk about baptism and he said he would commit to June 28.

So, now we have 3 baptismal dates. Charles won’t make the 30th. He’s also handicapped, but not severely and isn’t understanding much. So, we have Bill and Mario on June 20th and Eric on the 28th. Bill is doing awesome. He came to church for the first time in a while. He’s a good friend of bishop so we work together to help him and I think he can make his date. Mario is doing good but we went to go see him and his wife yesterday and they weren’t home. They cancelled their appointment. We actually watched the movie Joseph Smith with them and taught about the Book of Mormon last week.

So Josh was supposed to get baptized last week. I didn’t hear anything. I’ll ask Elder Christensen, but who knows. Josh has good missionaries helping him. Here we don’t do a basketball night but we do a volleyball night every Tuesday. We invite less actives, investigators and members and do family history and play lots of volleyball and get dinner. It’s been way fun.

I got to do my first zone leader exchange yesterday. It was awesome. Had a good friend in the Spanish ward come to my area and he’s the District Leader. Stayed up late all night talking. Felt so good to have another bud to relate to. We biked like crazy all week. really didn’t get wet though. Farmer tan is nuts. I’ve even got a collar shirt tan. and a really nice watch tan too, that one is my favorite. I will be at the temple on Thursday so I’ll send lots of pictures next week. We’re going as a mission.

 I have only had to speak once in church. Just in my first area. All the other times I’ve done stuff in church is just bearing testimony in sacrament meeting.  We have had tons of storm warnings, but things are fine out here. But, we have lots of missionaries stuck in Houston due to horrible floods. As we are in the middle of our mission temple sessions, only half of the sisters made it to the temple that were supposed to today. We’re prepared for everything, yes.

This week was really fun. I have had so many good experiences with the companion, gettin along great. Investigators are doing swell. Met some new ones this week too. Passed out a few Books of Mormon. Didn’t get to play the guitar, but maybe tonight. 

               
Love you!
Elder Pantz   

No comments:

Post a Comment