Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Alvin Texas, Week 33: May 4, 2015 - May 10, 2015

Monday, May 11, 2015

So this was quite the week. It was so good to be able to leave my last area in good shape. I hope and pray that my training with Elder Christensen will pay off and he can do alright. I got to give two blessing back to back right before I left. That was great! 

My new area is Alvin Texas. It’s close to League City and is a whole lot more country than anything I’ve seen. It’s a way cool change, very quiet here and more rednecks. My new companion is Elder Havea and he is from Tonga. He’s been awesome. We have so much fun together. We have a few investigators. Lots of part member families. We have one baptismal date for June. Hopefully we’ll get some new ones this week. None of the investigators came to church unfortunately. We tried. But, this week will be good since there aren’t so many big events going on, just a zone conference tomorrow. This new area we just strictly bike. It’s a smaller area though, so we have stores and church close. Just not too much in the town. 

The craziest part about transfers was that President called me a little bit before and told me about my new area. He also told me that the Lord has called me to be a zone leader in my new zone. That was wacky. But its been quite fun and I’m pickin it up. Last night, I had to do numbers and I’ll be doing some more later, but its been a good calling. The zone is solid. I like them all. Not really many issues or big problems in companionships and stuff. It was a weird week last week. So much happened. It was nice to just think and then sleep last night. Much needed rest. I’m excited to work all week this week and then report to ya’ll next time.


Love,
Elder Janz

No comments:

Post a Comment