Sunday, November 9, 2014

League City, Week 6: 10/27/14 - 11/02/14

Monday, November 3, 2014

I had an awesome week. It didn’t go too fast for me for some reason, more regular speed. But that doesn’t mean it was boring. I had a happy Halloween, yes indeed. I had zone conference that morning then biked around all day. Then we had a way cool ward trunk or treat at the chapel. I took pictures and it was so fun. Met more peeps too. After that, we even had the chance to go see a priest we know play in the school marching band at a big high school football game. I got pics of that too. It was fuh reezing on Halloween and all i wore was a t shirt, jeans and slippers! Oh, and a new Texas beanie i bought.

Its gettin way cold here in the morning and at night but the days are fine. I broke out my stylish sweater this week and got compliments. I hope to stay here for a long time. But transfers are in two weeks so i dunno. I think I’ll stay and my companion will peace out. We’ve been invited to a handful of Thanksgivings and Christmases.  We've been eating with members a lot more now. One of my new grandparents that adopted me out here is the Holt family. They’re so sweet. They feed us almost every week! And, then they get the word out that the rest of the ward should feed us more and people sign up. Its been amazing. I’ll get some thank you cards ready. We haven’t done that, we can though.  And, don’t worry about the stress and working too hard. As long as i can laugh and help others, i stay cool.

Ashley accepted to be baptized and is preparing well! She even came to church with us and sat by me yesterday!  It was fast and testimony meeting so i had to explain a lot,  but it was great.We got to help build a tree house with Ashley and her family. We see them almost every day. Her family is just her aunt, who she hangs with all the time, and her family. They’re inactive but gathering themselves since we’re working with Ashley. They also want a worthy priesthood holding dad in the house. Today we bought lots of food and more expensive things since its the beginning of the month and our funds are filled up again. I bought new t shirts and camo gym shorts!

Last night we had a sweet experience. We were going to drop one of our investigators with a baptismal date because he wasn’t acting and keeping the commitments. Plus, we have never even gone inside his apartment for some reason. We would always just sit on his porch. But last night, the Lord helped him change since the last time and he let us in. He opens the door and my companion and i make a face at each other and get excited. So, we had a good lesson about family and the Book of Mormon. He’s getting married soon and has a baby on the way so were trying to manage all this.We told him he needs to work with faith or else he won’t be able to do all these stressful things. He needs the Lords blessings to carry him. So, we’re not gonna drop him. We’ll figure out the marriage thing and get him baptized right after.

We had our last family history helping session this week. I don’t know if I've told about this, but every Tuesday afternoon, missionaries in the district go to the library and help the elderly work on family history. I’ve helped the same lady every time and we have a hoot. I’m so glad that we learned together because I wasn’t the best helper.  But after the first week, I just learned as i went and then we figured out a plan and the following weeks picked up where we left off. it was cool. 

We leave to the temple tonight and stay close to it for the night and our session is tomorrow morning, pretty pumped. I know some workers that will be there. Oh, and i learned a way interesting thing about sealings.  So, a 15 year old girl who had her family sealed then later parents divorced, asked us who she is sealed to and who could she be sealed to now. We told her we didn’t know and would get back to her. We left and talked to the Bishop, he thought the mother but wasn’t sure. He called the temple, but no one answered cuz it was too late. Then he called the Stake President and without pausing he gave us the answer. And, I’m gonna remember this forever so i can seem knowledgeable when asked in the future. But, he told us that she is sealed to both since when a sealing takes place only the parents are asked if they accept the sealing and not the child since its only a baby. So, hopefully that makes sense. Her parents aren’t sealed to each other, but she is sealed to each of them separately since she was only a baby. I was way excited to go on that hunt for the answer and then to get the right answer that night, great experience.

Love ya and miss ya’ll these days,
Elder Janz   



No comments:

Post a Comment