Sunday, December 21, 2014

League City, Week 12: December 8, 2014 - December 14, 2014

Monday, December 15, 2014

The Christmas initiative is sweet huh? We use it a bunch. OYM’s (Open Your Mouth, talking to anyone new)), lessons, and of course get referrals. That came out the end of November. The cards are received well. People like them and sometimes we can do more than say hi and wish them a merry Christmas after we give it to them. 

We met Gwen at a gas station on Tuesday and she wanted to come to church and said she liked our first lesson. Then we met her again at the same gas station cuz her friends tell us where she is and we found her outside. She didn’t look too good, smoking a cig and not too happy. We started talking to her and found out that she talked to her pastor, big no no for us. She doesn’t believe in a prophet and isn’t interested anymore. We listened to her concern, tried to explain and we stood on the curb out front for 30 minutes, I swear. She won’t meet with us anymore. We just kept bearing testimony, then thanked her for everything and left. It’s a bummer, but I’m used to it. It just means we have someone else waiting and we can find them.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Had an interesting week. Went up and down during the weekdays. Not much progress, but were trying our best. Yesterday and today have been great. The Spirit won’t leave and that’s how it should be. My favorite part of the week was giving two blessings this weekend, both to members that we’re close to. One is going in for eye surgery and other is way sick. I love those. I still get a little nervous, but that’ll go away soon.

I had a spiritual experience by myself during my personal study the other day. I was praying to close  the study and the Spirit overcame me and revealed that I can do better. Iit cheered me up. It testified that everything I was doing was right and it was just what I needed. All week, there were things that got me a little down and I also wanted to feel closer to my Savior, so my prayer was very sincere and repentant. I cried and had a good time, ha ha. But, I know that prayer, when done with full intent, works. We will receive if we pray, have faith and try our best.

I have some musical performances coming up. I’ll be singing in an octet next Sunday in sacrament meeting. We’re singing "Far Far Away on Judea’s Plains".Then, on the 23rd, I’ll be singing and playing guitar at our mission Christmas Devotional/Zone Conference. I’ll play "Away in a Manger during the week.

Life is good, having a good time
. We just need to work a little harder, find and help people come to Christ. We can get lazy or forgetful. I’ll let you know in two weeks if I’m outa here. It’s quite possible. That would be sad.

Love ya,

Elder Janz

No comments:

Post a Comment